Mark Thompson Transport & Maidens of Telford are looking for a new HR Advisor to join the team.
It will be your role as HR advisor to deliver the HR Departments Mission, Vision and Values through a proactive and flexible HR Service by providing relevant and appropriate HR support to all employees, whilst driving best practice and ensuring compliance with all company procedures, documented polices and employment legislation.
Roles and Responsibilities of a HR Advisor:
- Provide day to day advice and support on a range of generalist issues covering holiday, absence, maternity, paternity, capability, performance management, grievance, disciplinary and recruitment.
- Implement and communicate any new Group HR Policies and procedures and ensure all HR processes are adhered to at all times.
- Travel to other Group locations and support managers as and when required.
- Assist all local departmental managers with staffing levels and recruitment as required in co-ordination with the In-house Recruitment team.
- Issue offer letters, terms and conditions of employment, references and ensure all necessary checks are undertaken in line with statutory requirements.
- Liaise with managers regarding any interviews, ensure all pre-employment checks are completed and issue relevant correspondence.
- Ensure the HR system is up to data with all employee personnel information.
- Ensure all the HR system workflows are adhered to at all times.
- Create statistical reports for managers as and when required.
- Support local managers with their performance development programme, assist with the creation of employee personnel development plans, Identify any training needs and liaise with the Senior Management team to assist with staff development.
- Ensure exit interviews are completed, identify leaver reasons and advise Senior Management Team and the Group HR Manager of any required actions to improve retention.
- Deliver relevant training according to the needs of the business.
- Complete generalist HR tasks and correspondence in an effective and professional manner.
- Support managers through the employee Induction process.
- Assist with the delivery and development of the local apprenticeship programme and ensure all relevant funding is utilised.
- Support the marketing of both the Company and Group within the local community.
- Assist the Group HR Manager with any HR projects and initiates.
- Attend monthly HR meetings and any local management meetings as and when required.
- Research employment law and HR best practice to ensure advice and guidance is both accurate and up to date.
- Support the Finance department with the Payroll function at Mark Thompson.
The salary for this role is between £20,000 – £25,000.
We offer all of our employees fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on [email protected] or call 01625 728027.