Mark Thompson Transport currently have a vacancy for a Night Shift Transport Operator to join the team.
Mark Thompson Transport is a Warrington based haulage company that currently have 18 other Satellite depots across the UK. They provide road Haulage to customers all across the UK and supply a reliable cost-effective service, using state of the art technology, underpinned by knowledgeable friendly staff.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Transport Operator:
- Focus and Monitoring Tracking Systems.
- Effectively handover from the day staff ensuring you are aware of any potential discrepancies or issues.
- Answer all driver and customer enquiries promptly and effectively
- React to vehicle defects and driver absence and cover with agency staff if necessary, in line with company procedures.
- Answer and deal with other depot phone calls relating to their deliveries.
- Support company HR processes.
- Keep up to date with any changes to legislation, policies and procedure.
- Be willing to undertake all tasks set by your manager.
Key skills of a Transport Operator:
- Strong administration skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills
- Ethos on continuous improvement
- Experience within the Transport sector
- Class 1 License advantageous
- Good understand of Drivers hours & Company Compliance
This role will be Monday – Friday 1930hrs -0500hrs, there may also be opportunities for over time including weekend.
Salary: £23,000 – £25,000
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on email@example.com or call 01625 728027.