Mark Thompson Transport have an amazing career opportunity has arisen to join a family run logistics company whose success is built on using state of the art technology and customer focus, underpinned by knowledgeable friendly staff.
We want to employ a bright and dynamic apprentice to learn our business from the ground up. Along the way you’ll have opportunities to learn to drive trucks and gain transport management qualifications to become a member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
You’ll work in a friendly and stress free environment where everyone gives 100% and be on an amazing career path. All we ask in return is that your enthusiastic, be inquisitive and help us grow.
- Working week – 10am – 6pm
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Weekly wage – £168 – £204 (£8528 – £10,608 per year)
- Expected apprenticeship duration – 12 months
- Apprenticeship level – Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Work in a lively and friendly transport company
- Liaise with different departments from Admin to Vehicle Compliance
- Using IT traffic management and route planning software
- Use vehicle tracking systems
- Complete driver de-briefs
- Complete general transport admin duties
- Understand vehicle servicing schedules
This vacancy may require you to complete a pre-employment Pathway to Apprenticeship programme at Mantra Learning.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Driving licence preferred but not essential
- Have personal pride
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Career minded
- Someone who wants to be part of the business
- Outgoing with a good sense of humour
- Enjoys variety in a job
- Flexible to working hours
- Willingness to learn and grow with the company
- GCSE’s in Maths and English A* – C or equivalent
- A rewarding and interesting career in transport
- Full-time employment in a rapidly growing company
- Earnings of £26,000 – £28,000 per year when fully qualified
- Opportunities to rise to senior management at Mark Thompson Transport
- Opportunities to gain LGV licences
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on email@example.com or call 01625 728027.