Mark Thompson Transport currently have a vacancy for a Transport Planner to join the team.
Mark Thompson Transport is a Warrington based haulage company that currently have 18 other Satellite depots across the UK. They provide road Haulage to customers all across the UK and supply a reliable cost-effective service, using state of the art technology, underpinned by knowledgeable friendly staff.
Roles & Responsibilities of a Transport Planner:
- Communicate effectively with the other traffic planning team regarding that day’s requirements and get an immediate understanding of planned routes, vehicle allocations and driver availability.
- Assist with the planning of deliveries
- Answer all driver and customer enquiries promptly and effectively
- React to vehicle defects and driver absence and cover with agency staff if necessary, in line with company procedures.
- Maintain effective systems to ensure drivers receive the correct manifests and delivery paperwork including PDA’s.
- Liaise with customers, and amend the plans accordingly to ensure a successful operation.
- Answer and deal with other depot phone calls relating to their deliveries.
- Support company HR processes.
- Keep up to date with any changes to legislation, policies and procedure.
- Be willing to undertake all tasks set by your manager.
Key skills of a Transport Planner:
- Strong administration skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills
- Ethos on continuous improvement
- Experience within the Transport Sector
- Class 1 License essential
- Road Haulage CPC advantageous [not essential]
- Good understanding of Drivers hours & Company Compliance
Salary: £26,000 – £28,600
This role will be Thursday – Monday 1200hrs -2100hrs, there may also be opportunities for over time.
We offer all of our employee’s fantastic company benefits, including:
- Loyalty Awards (Recognises employees with 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years’ service).
- Employee Benefits Platform (Includes a Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and access to a range of offers and discounts).
- Life Assurance
- Employee and customer referral schemes
To apply, please click here to fill out the application form.
Should you have any queries, contact the recruitment team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01625 728027.